Monday, September 6, 2010

The hills are alive

I know, I know, I forgot about you last night. But I didn't actually forget about you. I remembered you, only after I had "finished"* watching The Sound of Music with my mother, had gotten into bed, and had shut down my computer. So there.

Also, I have an excuse which is that I had been sitting for over 3 hours working on a still life for my drawing class. I think it came out alright. And after that I just wanted to take my mind off of focusing on anything that involved sitting and using hand-eye coordination.
Mark of the artist.
Finished product. It's a heart-shaped ceramic box..if you can't tell.

I'm back in my dorm now. I had to do some major reorganizing because I brought back a bunch of stuff that I had bought and/or forgotten. Trying to get settled. Put a poster up on my wall. Harry Potter of course. Listening to some muffled conversations and the dryer going from down the hall. I'm pretty tired, but it's only 8:40pm. I think I might watch a movie or something. I would go hang out with some friends a few doors over, but like I said, tired.

Skyped with mom, my belly hurt...but she kind of looked like one of those people who gets interviewed for documentaries, but doesn't want to be recognized.
If only her voice had been deepened.

I also got some posters hung at my mom's new apartment, which is nice. It feels a bit more like my room with a Harry Potter poster above my bed.
This is at my dorm though...

Well I think that's about all I have to say. I really want to watch a movie.

Bless your face. Peace off.


*"Finished": I'm not a huge fan of The Sound of Music, mostly because I find it too long for anyone's liking. So I always stop watching after they get married, because that's where the movie should end. At least, in my mind.


No comments: